Carol Jones Dwyer
Attorney Carol Jones Dwyer is a lifelong Michigander and a resident of Hastings since 1993. Following graduation from the University of Michigan Law School, she spent several years working as a malpractice defense attorney for a prominent Michigan law firm before accepting a position as a staff attorney with the Michigan House of Representatives. These experiences gave Carol a deep background in litigation, negotiation, mediation, civil and administrative law, and provided a strong foundation for the private legal practice she has headed for over twenty years.
As a private practitioner, Carol represents clients in a broad spectrum of civil and criminal matters. She considers the opportunity to work every day at solving people's problems one of the best parts of her job. Colleagues describe Carol's experience, confidence, courtroom toughness and communication skills as some of her greatest strengths in practice.
Carol is married and has one adult daughter. When not practicing law, she enjoys sailboarding, skiing, and University of Michigan Football.
- University of Michigan Law School, Juris Doctor, 1980
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Arts, 1974
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Michigan, 1981
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1983
- State Bar of Michigan
- Barry County Bar Association
- Family Support Center, (formerly the Child Abuse Prevention Council of Barry County), Past President
- American Association of University Women, Hastings Chapter Past President
- Thornapple Arts Council, Past President
- Hastings Public Library Board of Directors
- Hasting Kiwanis Club, Board of Directors
- Thornapple River Watershed Group, Past President
- Recycling in Barry County, Past President